COE AT A GLANCE
- 2014 – CoE budget raised from 5 crores to 10 crores
- July 2014- Re submission of application for 10 crores to GoI thorugh GoK.
- Sept 2014 – Project deferred by AYUSH ministry saying N & Y institution does not need this much money.
- Sept 2014 – Justification letter sent as a reply for this issue
- June 2015- PAC asked the institution for presentation
- July 2016- Revised scheme guidelines issued
- Visit of institution for screening
- Feb 2016 – PAC recommends change of title
- March 2017-Final approval with implication of revised guidelines (60:40)
- May 2017-Letter sent for re considering 60:40 decision
- Oct 2017- 60:40 sharing decision waived off
- Feb 2018- all the documents submitted for release of first installment
- Applied for the Grant in Aid Up gradation of COE lifestyle intervention on cardiology for 5 crores with AYUSH, GoK letter was sent to AYUSH, GoI dated 29/3/2012.
- Ministry of AYUSH, GoI dated 11/05/2012 for clarification.
- Clarification was sent with recommendation Department of Health and Family welfare GoK dated 13/09/2012 and forwarded to GoI dated 12/10/2012.
- Recommendation letter for the credentials as per the scheme guidelines have been sent
- National Institution of Naturopathy – Sahyadri Institution
- Yenepoya Medical College
- Sri UT Khadher, Minister for Food & Public Distribution, GoK.
- Sri Oscar fernandes, Ex Minister for Road, Transport & Highways and Labor & Employment, GoI.
- SDM Presidential recommendation letters for CoE to Sri Harshavardhan, Ministry of Science and Technology, GoI & Sri Ananth kumar, Union minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers
Mile stone in 2014
- In the mean time CoE grant was increased by the government from 5 crores to 10 crores,
- The letter from Health and Family welfare Department of AYUSH, GoK was sent to AYUSH, GoI dated 10/7/2014
- AYUSH, GoI deferred the Project informing that CoE may not be suitable because under Naturopathy system not much equipment and infrastructures are required on 25th September 2014.
- Justification letter from SDMCNYS for the need of Grant in aid in the field of Naturopathy and yoga system for10 Crores was recommended and forwarded by the Govt. of Karnataka to the Ministry of AYUSH.
Presentation of COE 2015
- PAC (Project Appraisal Committee) informed the institution to give the presentation on 29/6/2015 and asked us for the Deliverables year wise.
- Presentation was done by Dr. Prashanth Shetty, Principal & CMO, SDMCNYS & Hospital, and Dr. Naveen K.V. Yogakshema, Bengaluru at Delhi.
Mile stone in 2016
- Revised Scheme guidelines was sent by AYUSH, GoI
- Project Screening committee was formed from AYUSH, GoI visited our college and hospital.
- Members visited are
- Dr. Dinesh Katoch, Joint Advisory Member – Ayurveda AYUSH, GoI
- Mr. Kathri, Under Secretary, AYUSH, GoI
- Project appraisal committee recommended to change the title from Cardiology to Metabolic & Lifestyle diseases on 15/02/2016.
- Resubmission was done for 10 Crores by changing the title to CoE on YOGA AND NATUROPATHY CLINICAL PRACTICE, INTERVENTIONS AND RESEARCH IN
- METABOLIC AND LIFESTYLE DISORDERS
Change in grant in aid policy
- Project approval committee dated 30/3/2017 approved our Institution as center of Excellence for research center in Naturopathy and yogic sciences by AYUSH, GoI with change in the scheme guidelines and grant ratio
- 60% AYUSH GoI contribution and
- 40% from the promoter contribution
Requested to follow the original scheme guidelines
- Letter dated 27/05/2017 submitted to the department and minister requested to follow the original scheme guidelines 2014.
- They have considered our request, waved off 40% promoter contribution recommended in the PSC meeting 30/3/2017, received letter dated 12/10/2017.
Planned for the project
- Unique Id of Niti Ayog was opened by the institution for SDME Society®.
- PFMS software training was taken by the AYUSH GOI Delhi.
- AYUSH GoI has given sanction letter of 1st installment and requested for the necessary documents dated 15/02/2018 and has been submitted BOND (Affidavit) –Undertaking– Bank guarantee
– NITI AYOG unique Id no
Year wise grant in aid
1st YEAR DELIVERABLES and 1st YEAR GRANT
- 2nd YEAR DELIVERABLES and 2nd YEAR GRANT
- 3rd YEAR DELIVERABLES and 3rd YEAR GRANT
- Summary of the grant approved by the AYUSH, GoI
Establishment of the research centre
Total Building Area – approx. 13500 sq ft • Infrastructure development
- Man power
- Equipment’s for the project
Submitted man power list in the project
|Sl no.||Name||Designation||Work assigned in the Project||His/Her ability to perform the task|
|1.||Dr. Prashanth Shetty, BNYS, M.Sc.., Ph.D||Principal||Chief Co-ordinator and co- Principal investigator||Yes-in the capacity of the head of the institute|
|2.||Dr. Naveen K.V., BNYS, Ph.D.||Chief Research Consultant||Principal Investigator||Yes-By virtue of 21 years of research experience|
|3.||Dr. Manjunath N K., BNYS, Ph.D.||Research Consultant||Co-principal investigator||Yes- By virtue of 20 years of research experience|
|4.||Dr. Sujatha Dinesh, BNYS, M.Sc.||Associate Professor and Dean-PG Programs||Co-investigator [Integrative Cardiology]||Yes- by virtue of research experience during masters training and experience of in-house research|
|5.||Dr. Shivprasad Shetty, BNYS, M.Sc.||Assistant Professor and Dean-PG Programs||Co-investigator [Preventive Cardiology]||Yes- by virtue of experience of in-house research projects|
|6.||Dr. Geeta Shetty, BNYS, MD -Naturopathy||Associate Professor and Clinical coordinator||Co-investigator [Cardiac Rehabilitation]||Yes- by virtue of research experience during masters training|
|7.||Dr. Chandrakanth, BNYS, MD – Yoga.||Assistant professor and HOD Patghology||Co-investigator [Cardiac Rehabilitation]||Yes- by virtue of research experience during masters training|
M. Sc. Microbiology
|Associate Professor and HOD Microbiology||Senior Research Fellow||Yes- by virtue of research experience during PhD training|
|9.||Dr. Shashikiran||Research officer||Senior Research Fellow||Yes- by virtue of research experience during PhD training|
|10.||Dr. Nandeesh N . S BNYS., MD – Yoga||Assistant Professor||Project coordinator||Yes- by virtue of research experience during masters training|
|10.||Mr. Sudarshan||Lab Technician||Lab technician-biochemistry||Yes-in the execution of data collection|
|11.||Ms. Renuka||Data operator||Technical Staff||Yes-in the execution of data collection|
Laboratories of centre of excellence
Impact of CoE
- Out come of COE
– Institution will become a national center for research in Naturopathy & Yoga.
– Status of CoE would lead to many international references. – Privilege for all UG, PG and PhD Students.
– Bringing about a much-needed evidence based professional education, clinical practice and a high quality basic and clinical research .
- Site for the CoE building.
- Appointment of the personnel.
- Procuring the equipments
Our thanks to
– Sri Sripad Naik, Honble. Minister, Ministry of AYUSH, GoI.
– Sri Ajith Sharan, Secretary, AYUSH, GoI.
– Dr. H. R. Nagendra, Chancellor, SVYASA Yoga University, Bengaluru
– Dr. Naveen K. V., Director, Yogakshema, Bengaluru
– Dr. Manjunath N. K., Director, Research & Devpt., SVYASA University, Bengaluru
– Dr. Qayyum Abdulla, Dy. Advisor – UNANI & Director of CoE